Host feature is built for cases where you have an always-on Server/Machine/device/VM to be securely accessble by member of the room.
- Room should be active with a free Host license.
- Only Room's admin can add Hosts to the room.
- Admin will be able to add Bookmark links of services running on the server
- We currently support Ubuntu & CentOS flavors using CloudLAN Host Agent
Your Free room comes with 1 host license to try out this feature
You have 2 methods
Host agent - Easy to install application for your Linux servers that installs necessary drivers & adopts the server to your CloudLAN room using a Adoption code. Host agent also has built-in connect on reboot functionality which keeps the connection persistantly.
Installation guide for
Generic Clients - For servers running any other linux distributions or Operating systems, Generic Client feature provides you option to use any 3rd party OpenVPN client supported by the OS.
- You want to access a machine behind Router/Firewalls without doing any port forwarding config on the router
- Hide public IP address of the host but still provide access to application running on them to the team
- Great to setup anywhere access to Raspberry Pi type project boards
When you connect a server to CloudLAN room using Host feature, server is assigned a Device IP & establishes an always-on connection with the room. Members of the room can view all the connected hosts & access services/applications running on those hosts using its Device IP.
Got a question not answered in this knowledge base?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or "chat with support" from our website or inside the app