- You are the admin of the room
- You are connected to the Room
- Have access to the host you are trying to adopt
- Room has free host license
The below Quick GIF demonstrates how to adopt Ubuntu machine and Service casting from hosts without exposing its actual IP address using CloudLAN.
- Go to Host tab on CloudLAN app
- Click on Add Host
- Give it a name, Select Host agent & click Continue
- Select Ubuntu from OS dropdown & the relevant installation command is copied to your clipboard
- Paste the command into server terminal and execute it to install Host agent
- Copy One time code from the CloudLAN App
- Paste One time code on your server terminal when prompted.
(One time Code will be valid for only 10 minutes, you can regenerate if it expires )
- Agent will install necessary drivers & connect the machine to CloudLAN room
- Machine will be seen online from CloudLAN app and now you can cast services running on Server using add service button.
Quick troubleshoot : If there are any error at the time of adoption please follow uninstall steps below & try readopting once again
Check status of Host agent
Stop Host agent & temporarily disconnect from the room
Start Host agent & reconnect to the room
Check IP adaptors status
- Execute below command in the Machine terminal to run the uninstaller
- Once your server is offline you can remove the host from your CloudLAN room using remove button which will free your Host license
💁♀️ Got a question not answered in this knowledge base?
Contact us at email@example.com or "chat with support" from our website or inside the app